He's all better now, but we almost lost him last week to a very out of the blue case of hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. We will now be selling kidneys to the highest bidder to pay for his 3 day intensive care vet stay, but we are very glad to have him home. The house just wasn't the same without him.
Mostly due to the fact that I couldn't focus on anything, I spent much of the week spinning this from the Meadow Maggots Braid I purchased at Rhinebeck. Despite it being a light fingering weight, it flew off the wheel and practically plied itself. I think it is destined to become a new fingerless mitts design...once i finish the dozen or so other designs I have in various stages of completion. 2 are completely finished and I just need to type up both and do a photo shoot of one and I can get them up. Hopefully over the holiday next week. I also think I'm going to self publish my thesis, which is a collection of really fun patterns.
466 yds Fingering weight from Meadow Maggots Braid
I hate being behind on all of my pattern work, but this semester has been surprisingly time consuming, due in part to one extremely time consuming class, but only 2 more weeks and its over!
Oh, and in one of my usual fits of lateral productivity I finally finished my studio.
I LOVE IT! So much room to work and I can see all I have to work with without having to dig through bin. Now if only I had a time turner so there where more hours in the day. I may have reach the point of my stash exceeding my life expectancy, but its still pretty to look at.