Thursday, December 26, 2013

Post Christmas Wrap Up

I've been busy wrapping up the semester and wrapping up all my holiday knitting, as I'm sure many of you have also been doing. Now that things are unwrapped I can show you some of what I've been working on. 
First up, I found a lovely 2ply cashmere sweater at the Thrift store last month. It unwound into 2 enormous skeins of heathery blue gray laceweight.The color wasn't really doing it for me though, so I overdyed it this lovely teal.


While I had the dyepots out I decided to hit up some merino I had laying around and some silk. Here is the one I photographed and then promptly spun and plyed in one day.


245 yds of 3ply on the bottom and 60 yds of 2 ply at the top, you can really see the difference in the color intensity depending on the level of optical blending the number of plys provides.

Next up is Dan's purple socks, he has officially requested a ball pit full of purple socks (I shit you not, his exact words), so now for every holiday and occasion he gets purple socks...he has at least 10 pairs at the moment. I think I'll be releasing this particular pair as a free pattern withing the next week.

  
Dan's Thermals
And the crowing jewel of the holiday knitting was the In The Pink Stole I made for my mom out of the Shoppel Wool Lace Ball I bought in Vienna last year. I just love how lace goes from this...
To this...


 Turned out very nice, if I do say so myself. The knitting itself was very simple, the piecing together had me stumped for a minute, but ravelry came to the rescue.
Spencer is doing well, if not a might bit sleepy.


On my Christmas list this year where a lot of blank yarn and dye, so expect to see some interesting things up in my etsy store soon as well as a whole new slue of patterns that I've decided to self publish in the next 2 weeks that I have off from school...and am stuck in my house due to the partners car unceremoniously dieing 2 days before xmas. Luckily I don't have anywhere I need to go except one day of work till the 16th. So there will be lots of knitting and dying and publishing to talk about soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment