Sunday, April 29, 2012

Excited!

Finally in the home stretch here folks! Only 1 more day of classes on Monday and 1 day of finals on Wens. and I am fin! I am just wrapping up one of my last project which is due tomorrow, ironically enough it's a business plan of my knitting design business...so at least I know my topic. I have one more class to finish some work for tomorrow and that's it.

After that I have a glorious 2.5 weeks off before my summer classes start in which I intend to do a lot of reading, knitting, and spinning...or at least as much as my pirifomis muscle will let me. Since I try not to b*tch on the blog I have not mentioned the white hot pain I've been in for about a month now. I visited my friend Ciara last week who is a Physical therapist and we concluded that it is Piriformis Syndrome, which basically means that the afore mentioned muscle is in some way damaged and pressing on my sciatic nerve, thus causing white hot pain in my hip, thigh and calf and a weird general numbness of my skin. I have been prescribed some stretches and an ice/heat regiment and it has been improving, but some days...like today, are worse than others. All this means it's very hard to sit and do some of those things that I really want to do on my brief break between semesters.

V Junkie  pattern by Alice Yu
The reason I mention this at all is since Ciara is being kind enough to treat me non gratis I making her these! --------->
Pretty sweet for one days super procrastination on homework knitting. The yarn is Stroll Handpainted from KnitPicks, the color way is Make Believe. I'll probably have this one wrapped up by this evening and the second cast on.

Where does this leave my new design? Still working on the second color scheme and I have to write up the pattern for my volunteer test knitters. I'm also still debating what yarn I will do the sample in. I have a few in mind, but any recommendation of a light fingering-fingering weight in a either tonally dyed or a very light variegation?

 In other non knitting news, Stephan Kings new book The Wind Through the Keyhole is on it's way to my house right now. I will be getting it on Wens and will begin reading it as soon as I get it. I started reading the Dark Tower series when I was 13 and have loved every minute of it.

Wee little birds!
One last tidbit, new tattoo done last weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment