Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tour de Fleece

Last Saturday the race began and I got underway with goal of 12oz of laceweight 2 ply. I'm pacing myself at the moment...we do have until the 22nd. This is my progress so far.
around 2.5 ozs of very fine singles.
Color accurate singles
I'm pretty happy with it, but the high mileage spinning makes for slow going. Will hopefully get to finish the last 1/2 oz or so today and then on to a new bobbin tomorrow. If you haven't done so already you should go check out all the amazing new yarns being born over on the Tour de Fleece group on Ravelry. They are simply beautiful!

Today I also get to help 2 of my friends help each other. I have 1 in need of finding a home for 2 cats that she can no longer take care of and another who just happened to be in search of 2 cats. He is meeting them today to see if everybodies personalitys mesh and hopefully they will have a new home in New Jersey. This saves them from having to go to a shelter where they may have a hard time finding homes since they are adult cats.

Not color accurate, but the penny gives an approximation of size
I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th and please remember to keep your pets safe on this holiday. More pets escape and are killed or wind up in shelters from 4th of July fireworks than any other time of the year, so make sure everyone is tagged or safe inside tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your singles are very fine! I am inspired to try spinning finer! (I have tried before but I find it hard) I like that you helped 2 cats find a home, our cats are all rescues we found as stray kittens and we have found homes for 2 others! :)

    ReplyDelete