Monday, June 4, 2012

Spun out

This morning I woke up really early (5:30am) in order to go shoot my last 2 rolls for photo class. There's something about dawn light and the way it creeps up on things that is really fascinating.

So I had big plans to get many more interesting things done today, but what can I say, I got severely side tracked. So lets go with the short version and say the day didn't go as planned.

On to the juicy fibery bits!
2oz of Mermaid roving
Mermaid singles 2oz each bobbin
Over the past few weeks I've been working on some singles from this lovely roving procured with a Christmas gift certificate from Dancing Leaf Farms. The colorway is mermaid and let me tell you this stuff is a dream to spin! I haven't even had to draft it out at all for a lace weight singles.
I'm in the process of plying the singles now and the colors have become much more muted than I originally anticipates, of course the picture of the plied yarn looks very vibrant I just happened to take a picture with the largest portion of the brightest blue showing. Of course that's always one of the most fun things about spinning for me, seeing how the colors blend and play with each other. I can't wait to see what the whole skein looks like and be able to estimate how much yardage I'll get out of the entire pound. I was thinking a sweater, but we'll see.
Mermaid lace weight 2ply
That all being said I think I may be venturing into fiber arts in a more in depth way than just designing patterns. I'm in the process starting a small business venture, but I'll share more about that when there have been more concrete steps taken.

Until then stay tuned for the big announcements.
The text says Trust In Faith

And just for my tattoo fans out there, here is my work from Friday. Not my particular style, but he is thrilled with it and that is always one of the best part for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment